Water was coming down around the light fixtures and there was all sorts of concern about student safety. First, we evacuated into freezing weather and then got the okay to hang out in the gym. Many students were without their coats. Six classrooms were flooded and it was too dangerous to go in and get students’ backpacks or coats. What a mess. There were angry parents because we would not risk kids getting electrocuted just so they could get their things. We gathered up all spare coats and blankets and sent kids with these parents with what we could. A couple of teachers gave away their own sweaters and coats and then parents get angry. They should be thankful that we kept the kids safe and did our best to keep them warm.